FutureMed Executive Directors, Team and Faculty
- Daniel Kraft MD, Executive Director of FutureMed, Chair of the Medicine Track at Singularity University
- Peter Diamandis MD, Co-Founder of Singularity University, Founder of the X-PRIZE
- Neil Jacobstein, President of Singularity University
FutureMed Tracks and Faculty:
EXPONENTIAL & EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES
- Dr. Ray Kurzweil, Co-Founder, Chancellor and Trustee, Singularity University
- Dr. Astro Teller, Director of New Projects at Google
- Brad Templeton, Director, Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stem cells & beyond, cellular alchemy to 3-D printing of organs and tissues.
- Daniel Kraft MD, Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplantation and Regenerative Medicine, Chair of Medicine Track, Singularity University
- Bob Hariri MD PhD, CEO of Celgene Cellular Therapeutics
- Michael West PhD, Founder of Geron and BioTime pharmaceuticals
- Peter Altman PhD, Founder and CEO of BioCardia, Co-Founder of XDX (Molecular Diagnostics)
- Gabor Forgacs, Chief Scientific Officer of Organovo
INFORMATION & DATA DRIVEN HEALTH
The data explosion… from Imaging & Diagnostics to Mobile & Internet Enabled Health
- Roni Zeiger MD, Chief Health Strategist at Google
- Michael Gillam MD, Director, Microsoft Medical Media Lab (M3 Lab) at Microsoft Health Solutions Group
- Christopher Longhurst MD, Chief Medical Information Officer, Stanford University Packard Children’s Hospital
- Thomas Goetz MPH, Executive Editor of WIRED, Author of ‘The Decision Tree”
- Andreas Kogelnik MD PhD, Founder and CEO of The Open Medicine Institute
FUTURE of MEDICAL PRACTICE & INTEGRATIVE HEALTH
How convergent technology will impact the practice of medicine, new models of care from concierge to telemedicine.
- Dean Ornish MD, Founder and President, Preventative Medicine Research Institute
- Woody Merrell MD, Integrative Health Beth Israel in NYC
- Jordan Shlain MD, Founder Current Health, President-Elect American Academy of Private Physicians.
- Lucien Engelen, Director Radboud REshape & Innovation Centre at Radboud University Medical Centre, Founder TEDxMaastricht
- e-Patient Dave, Patient advocate and activist
- Ryan Howard, Founder and CEO of Practice Fusion
- Yan Chow MD MBA, Director, Innovation and Advanced Technology at Kaiser Permanente
PERSONALIZED HEALTH & ‘Omics
Systems medicine & biology to the rapidly emerging world of Synthetic Biology and DIY Biology.
- David Ewing Duncan, Author of Experimental Man and the Personalized Medicine Manifesto
- Raymond McCauley PhD, Co-founder and Chief Science Officer of Genomera, former Senior Bioinformatics Scientist at Illumina
- Ted Goldstein, former VP at Apple and IT wizard, now at UCSC Bionformatics
- Peter Alperin MD, VP of Medicine, Archimedes
- Ben Rosner MD PhD, Kaiser Healthcare, Consulting Medical Director Archimedes
- Randy Scott PhD, Founder, Executive Chairman of Genomic Health
- Esther Dyson, IT Investor, Board of 23andMe
- Tim O’Reilly, Founder and CEO of O’Reilly Media, Inc. and hosts conferences on technology topics, including the SciFoo, O’Reilly Open Source Convention, the Web 2.0 Summit, and the Gov 2.0 Summit
- Eric Schadt PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, Pacific Biosciences
- Todd Brinton MD, Stanford BioDesign
- Nader Pourmand PhD, Head of the Biosensors and Bioelectrical Technology Group, Director of the Genome Sequencing Center at UCSC.
- Colin Hill, CEO of GNS Healthcare
- Carol McCall, Chief Innovation and Analytics Officer, Tenzing Health
- Greg Biggers, CEO, Genomera
FUTURE OF INTERVENTION & ROBOTICS
From Robotic Surgery, Bionic limbs and exoskeletons, Smart pills, and Implantable Devices, to targeted gene therapy, and ever shrinking and more capable devices, Nanomedicine.
- Dan Barry MD PhD, 3 time NASA-Astronaut, CEO of Denbar Robotics, Chair of Singularity University Faculty
- Catherine Mohr MD, Director of Medical Research, Intuitive Surgical
- Daniel Riskin MD, Stanford University Surgery & Biodesign Program
Real time brain imaging, Brain computer interface (BCI), Cognitive Enhancement, Targeted neurointervention, Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine.
- Christopher DeCharms PhD, Founder of Omeneron
- Philip Steven Low PhD, CEO, Chairman and Founder of NeuroVigil, Inc.
- David Bolinsky, Medical Director XVivo Scientific Animation
- Eythor Bender, CEO of Berkeley Bionics
MEDTECH/BIOTECH & ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Includes Synthetic Biology, Future of Drug Discovery, Device Development and the funding, opportunities and barriers (regulatory and otherwise) of biomedical innovation.
- Geetha Rao PhD, Triple Ring Technologies, Founder MyMedFax
- Allan May, CEO of Life Sciences Angels, Emergent Medical Ventures
- Bruce W. Jenett, Partner at DLA Piper, Co-Chair, Global Life Sciences Sector
- David Webster, Partner at IDEO
- Uri Lopatin MD, Physician-scientist, Senior Director at Gilead Sciences
- Todd Brinton MD, Stanford BioDesign
OTHER FACULTY INCLUDE
- Andrew Hessel, Co-chair of the biotechnology and bioinformatics track at Singularity University, President of Q2 Consulting Inc.
- Yvonne Cagle MD, NASA Astronaut
- Lawrence Sherman FACME, CCMEP, Global continuing medical education expert
- Bob Harrell, Director of Integrated Marketing at Shire Pharmaceuticals
- Eric Rasmussen, MD, MDM, FACP, Vice-President, Humanitarian Systems at AccessAgility, Founding CEO of InSTEDD
- James Canton, CEO Institute for Global Futures
- Michael McCullough MD, UCSF Emergency Medicine
- Adam Schlifke, MD, MBA, Anesthesiologist at Kaiser Permanente
- James Fowler, PhD, University of California San Diego, Author of ”Connected”